Your family WILL benefit from a boost to your EQ!
Do you or your kids:
- Experience BIG feelings that can be overwhelming?
- Ever struggle with feeling sad, anxious, and/or depressed?
- Worry about the future and what it holds?
- Are you worried about navigating the post-COVID world?
- Have you felt like the dreams you once had are going to be hard to attain?
- Do you ever feel hopeless and fearful?
- Want to teach your younger kids how to be emotionally healthy?
- Do you not feel comfortable sharing your feelings with other people and want to keep it to yourself?
- Do counselors and therapy make you feel even more uncomfortable and anxious?
You can learn how to process and deal with big emotions in a non-therapeutic setting, without sharing your personal stuff, where you be with your friends, or just blend into a crowd.
We have THE event for you, it could change your life.
What is EQ?
Emotional Intelligence (also called EQ) is a person’s capability of identifying, processing, and understanding emotions. It helps you reduce stress, increase resilience, develop great relationships, be at peace with yourself and others, and love your life.
EQ determines how well we handle ourselves and our relationships in 3 spheres:
1) Self awareness- knowing what we are feeling and why we are feeling it, this leads to good intuition and decision making skills.
2) Self management- handling your negative emotions in an effective way so they don’t cripple you and prevent you from being the person you were created to be and helps you identify how to take care of yourself. This includes identifying and managing positive emotions to allow you to do things that you are passionate about in order to fulfill your purpose.
3) Empathy- Recognizing, understanding, or relating to what someone else is feeling.
Success is when the spheres overlap with one another and you can deal with negative and positive emotions in a healthy way inside of yourself and as you interact with other people. When you effectively bring self awareness, self management, and empathy together, you can redirect the course of your life.
Led by Noble Gibbens, the EQ Gangter and Courtneyrose Chung (MMFT, LMFT, LPC, LAC), the Clinical Director at My Denver Therapy, we will take a deep dive into what EQ is, why it is important to develop a strong EQ for teens and their parents, and then teach you methods to increase EQ in your home. You will leave this EQ Crash Course with increased knowledge and practical tools you can use to begin to turn things around and start healing in your home.
Parents of all ages & teens are invited to attend this event. If you have a very mature tween that you believe is able to handle what can be tough emotional content, please feel free to bring them. If you have kids 0-12, we invite you to come to gain knowledge and skills that will level up your self care and improve the health of your family.